Appleton, Wisconsin Parks and Places - Lions Park

FACTS:
Address: 1920 S. Matthias Street, Appleton, Wisconsin
Established:
History: Lions Park was known as East Park until 1967. In October of 1967 the Noon Lions Club adopted the park by donating $3,000 for playground equipment, picnic tables and fireplaces. The Appleton Parks and Recreation Commission agreed with a request to rename the park.
[Post~Crescent 19-Oct-1967 A-12]

FACILITIES:
• Acreage: 4.4
• Disc Golf
• Drinking Water
• Pavilion(s)
• Picnic Area
• Play Ground
• Rest Rooms
• SoftBall Diamond(s)
PHOTOS:
Lions Park. Pavilion.
Playground. Lions Park.


HOME |  TIME LINE |  CREDITS |  MAPS |  TRIVIA ASYLUM

Email comments to jimbert@triviaasylum.com
Modified: XX-JUN-MMIII